Monday, November 14, 2016

Charcoal Takeout Box Statement


My goal for this piece was to create an image showing interesting shadows made from the chopsticks and takeout box. I accomplished this by really focusing when I was putting together the image I was going to draw from. I was surprised with how much I'm improving with charcoal. This assignment seemed a lot easier than the others because I'm getting used to the charcoal. My drawing is mainly about shadows. The most difficult challenge I think was just getting started and figuring out what to draw first. I had to see the piece not as an image of a takeout box but a composition of light and shadow. Another artist in the class that I learned from was Angela Borean. Yet again, I loved her use of highlights and shadows and how neat and clean her entire piece came together. My drawing really works in my use of shadows. If i had a do over I would probably change the picture I took to begin with. I loved the one I chose but if I had the chance I might choose another composition entirely. The best thing about my work is my use of light and shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment